TMTW #427 – It is “OK” to File an Extension

Tax and Money Tip this Week:
It is “OK” to File an Extension
March 27, 2019 | No. 427

Please take notice of our office closing date. Our office
will be closing at 6:00pm on Friday, April 12th and
will not reopen until Wednesday, April 17th, 2019.

If you haven’t filed your tax return by now, you should probably consider filing for an extension.

To file for an extension, you simply need to submit Form 4868.  Submitting this form will give you until October 15th of that year to file your returns. However, an extension of the time to file is not an extension of the time to pay.  If you think you will owe taxes, you must send a payment along with the extension.  This applies for your federal
and state tax returns.

Questions or Comments?
You can add comments on the blog, call 919-847-2981, or visit our web site.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Vitek, CPA/PFS, CFP®
…until next week.

This entry was posted in Tax and Money Tip of the Week and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s