TMTW #379 It is “OK” to File an Extension

Tax and Money Tip of the Week:
It is “OK” to File an Extension
April 11, 2018 | No. 379

Please take notice of our office closing date. Our office will be closing at 6:00pm on Saturday, April 14th and will not reopen until Wednesday, April 18th, 2018.

If you haven’t filed your tax return by now, you should probably consider filing for an extension.

To file for an extension, you simply need to submit Form 4868.  Submitting this form will give you until October 15th of that year to file your returns. However, an extension of the time to file is not an extension of the time to pay.  If you think you will owe taxes, you must send a payment along with the extension.  This applies for your federal and state tax returns

You can add comments on the blog, call 919-847-2981, or visit our web site. We look forward to hearing from you.Questions or Comments?

Mark Vitek, CPA/PFS, CFP®
…until next week.

This entry was posted in Tax and Money Tip of the Week and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s